Cool, refreshing salad that is great for lunch on the go or for a light dinner. Eat plain, wrapped in a lettuce leaf or over spinach.
QUICK PREP HINTS:
Prepare turkey/chicken ahead of time. Bake or grill plenty of turkey/chicken. Then cool, chop, divide and freeze. Use in future salad recipes, lettuce wraps, extra protein in soups, etc.
- 3 c left-over turkey (OR CHICKEN) (~ 680 g) – cooled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks – chopped
- 1 medium apple – sweet, crisp variety (Honeycrisp, Gala, Golden Delicious)- chopped
- ½ c toasted pecans, cooled & chopped
- 6 pieces crispy bacon, cooled and chopped (sugar-free if able – ask your local butcher!)
- ¼ to ½ c mayonnaise
- ¾ c plain Greek yoghurt (low-carb)
- 2-3 pkt Splenda or Stevia (can increase if you like a sweeter salad)
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t ground black pepper
Makes ~ 5 cups of salad (~7 servings). Serving size: 2/3 cup
Chop all ingredients & mix in large bowl. Serve alone or on top of lettuce or spinach leaves. Refrigerate.
per SERVING (1/2 cup): 33 g protein, 4 g carbs, 1 g fiber (NET CARBS = 3g), 10 g fat
*may vary pending brand of ingredients used